FOX – WOFL
The National Consumers League has five ways on how you can better protect yourself from these scams.
- Get informed. Check out HealthCare.gov for all your official information.
- Don’t give out personal or money account information over the phone or email.
- Be careful of fake websites made to look like the official websites for health insurance exchange information.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for credentials of the people who offer to help you with your health insurance options.
- There are a number of consumer groups where you can report fraud and get help like The Better Business Bureau and The National Consumers League.